In light of the emergence of the new Omicron virus mutation, the Federal Council amended the entry and test regulations for Switzerland. With effect from December 4, 2021, the quarantine rule for red list countries (i.e. Canada) has been lifted, however, a stricter testing regime will apply for all arrivals.
Please note below the entry and testing requirements for travelers entering Switzerland from the United States and Canada:
- Only fully vaccinated visitors from both U.S. and Canada will be allowed to travel to Switzerland.
- Recovered and tested Americans are not allowed to enter Switzerland.
- Mandatory PCR test before entry is required, taken within 72 hours before departure.
- A second test (PCR test or rapid antigen test) must be carried out between the fourth and seventh day after entry.
- Travelers must complete, no earlier than 48 hours before departure, the online form of the Federal Office of Public Health FOPH.
For more details on things to see and do in Switzerland, where to stay, it’s price points and more – contact your Travel Guru! Oh, and if you need a payment plan to fund your travel adventure – we got those too!