Howdy! We just found out that today is #NationalGeorgia Day and we couldn’t let this day go by without talking about one of our favorite states to visit!
First some Georgia fun facts!
1. Georgia was the13th colony and the 4th state to enter the Union.
2. Georgia’s nickname is The Peach State.
3. Georgia is home to Coca-Cola.
4. Georgia’s first capital was Savannah.
5. Georgia had four more capitals after Savannah – Augusta, Louisville, Milledgeville and finally, Atlanta.
Looking for a place to head in Georgia? We suggest Savannah! It’s a quaint southern town filled with architecture, history, gastronomy and ghosts – yes ghosts! Plus it also boasts miles of beautiful beaches within 18 miles of the city.
Check out our Chief Travel Guru’s video chat with Anjuli Derien, Group Tour & Entertainment Sales Manager from Visit Savannah here and then contact your Travel Gurus to get your Savannah sojourn curated and booked today!