Today we are talking about our favorite food and drink festivals in Switzerland! Switzerland is known for its beautiful scenery, amazing ski resorts, and of course, delicious food and drink! There are many food and drink festivals throughout the year that showcase the best of Swiss cuisine.
Here are some of our favorites:
- The Zurich Street Food Festival takes place every summer and features over 60 food trucks and stands serving up delicious street food from all over the world. There is also live music and entertainment, making it a great event for the whole family!
- The Geneva Food and Wine Festival is one of the biggest and most popular food festivals in Switzerland. It takes place over two weekends in September and features over 200 exhibitors, including many of Switzerland’s best wineries. There is also a large outdoor dining area where you can enjoy the beautiful Geneva sunset while enjoying some of the best food and wine in the country!
- The Bern Food Festival is a smaller, but no less delicious, food festival that takes place in the city of Bern in October. It features over 50 exhibitors, including some of Switzerland’s best chefs, and offers a great opportunity to try some of the city’s best food and drink.
- The Basel Beer Festival is one of the biggest and most well-known beer festivals in the world. It takes place every September and features over 1,000 different beers from all over the world. If you love beer, this is the festival for you!
- The St. Gallen Chocolate Festival is a must-visit for all chocolate lovers! It takes place in November and features over 100 different exhibitors, including some of Switzerland’s best chocolatiers. You’ll also find plenty of delicious chocolate to buy and take home with you!
So, there you have it, our favorite food and drink festivals in Switzerland! If you’re planning a trip to Switzerland, be sure to check out one (or all!) of these great festivals. For those of us who missed our last post, click here to explore a couple of England’s popular food and drink festivals.